Dermatology, Laser & Vein Specialists of the Carolinas is one of Charlotte’s premier dermatology practices, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our growing team!
We are currently hiring for:
Certified Medical Assistant/Registered Medical Assistant
We are currently looking to bring on a strong, experienced full-time Certified Medical Assistant/Registered Medical Assistant, Monday-Friday (Fridays are until 2 pm).
Our highly skilled providers offer the full spectrum of care including; general dermatology, cosmetic dermatology, Mohs micrographic surgery & skin cancer, varicose & spider vein treatments, clinical trials, and more. We have offices in Charlotte and Pineville.
The primary role of the CMA/RMA is to assist one of our physicians by providing a variety of clinical support functions to facilitate procedural services to the patient. Some of those duties would include assisting the physician with skin examinations, laser procedures, vein surgeries, and cosmetic procedures while also scribing for the physician in our EMA EMR system.
- Educates patients and consents them for treatment on all procedures
- Escort patients to exam rooms and updates or obtains medical history
- Documents all prescriptions as directed by provider
- Assists the Physician with all procedures and examinations
- Follow up with patients on some test results and follow-up instructions as directed by provider
- Clean, sterilize and stock all instruments
- Ensures compliance of HIPAA & OSHA guidelines
- Performs duties under the supervision of the Physician and Administrator
Education and Experience:
- High School or Equivalent
- Dermatology Experience a PLUS but not required
- At least 1 year of CMA, RMA, or MOA experience preferred but not required
Skills and abilities:
- STRONG Cosmetics/Plastics Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Knowledge of anatomy & medical terminology
- Good problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Organized and able to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to travel between locations
We offer a great benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long time disability insurance, and a retirement plan. We also offer a generous paid time off package and 8 paid holidays. In addition, we have employee appreciation events and provide procedural/ skin care discounts to all of our employees. A welcome package will be given and three uniforms are purchased for you.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short/Long term disability
- Life Insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Paid holiday time
- Uniform allowance
- Store discounts
- Procedural discounts
- Employee appreciation events
- No weekends
- No nights
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume via email to Cindy Sexton.