Enhanced COVID safety precautions are still in place.
With COVID-19 cases on the rise, we wanted to take moment to outline the enhanced precautions we have taken to ensure every patient, provider and staff member remains safe during this time.
Our ongoing safety measures include additional disinfecting times, social distancing and new COVID protocols. We are in compliance with the guidelines set by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Our team stays up-to-date on any new regulations and guidance that have been issued and will remain in compliance upon future guidelines.
Here Are The Enhanced Safety Protocols Still In Place
- Upon your arrival, one of our team members will meet you at the entrance to perform a COVID-19 screening. Please be aware that our team members will be wearing enhanced PPE like gloves, goggles/shields, gowns and masks to provide a safe barrier.
- You will be asked to sign a screening consent form that will be added to your chart.
- We record the temperature of every team member and patient upon each visit.
- We require all patients to arrive wearing a mask/facial covering. Unless with a documented caregiver or accompanying a minor, drivers and visitors will be asked to remain in the vehicle or to sit in the Main Lobby on the first floor of our building.
- Your mask is required during the entire duration of your visit. If the area being treated is covered by your mask, you will be asked to remove it for the period of time needed and required to immediately put it back on once complete.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or informational flyers since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect; however, we will have them available to take home at your leisure.
- You will notice our Front Desk area will have protective glass that we ask you to stand in front of as we get you checked in.
- Appointments are scheduled to allow for social distancing between patients, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at one time.
- We have enhanced room disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients, so we ask that you are patient during waiting times.
- We have enhanced our disinfection procedures of bathrooms, patient waiting area, credit card machines, clipboards, pens, phones, desktop/laptop, chairs, door handles, etc.
- Please feel free to pre-pay for any appointments for a contactless-payment option.
The health of our patients remains a top priority and as always, our team is available to answer any additional questions you may have! We value and appreciate your patience as we work together during this time.